Friday, February 15, 2008

Nashville is... Music City USA



What comes to mind when you first think about Nashville? County music, right? What else do you think of? While country music is a big part of the Nashville culture, there's more to Music City than the honky tonk sounds of country music stars.

But what is Nashville? As an outsider, I don't know. I've always needed to feel a connection with the area I live in. However, like most people - that connection is deveoped by the way a place looks and the feel of the area.

Nashville's culture is built into the way it sounds. That's great for natives that already understand the other cultural cues, but I need to connect with the landscape, the architecture and the history.

This blog is my own attempt to discover what Nashville is so I can feel more comfortable in the culture.

No comments: